Hey, my name is Meredith! I am a senior Exercise Science Major at Berry College. Right now, I am currently in the process of applying to graduate schools so I can hopefully go on to earn my doctorate and practice as a physical therapist. In the past, I did two internships at Redmond Hospital (acute care and in-patient rehab) and one internship at Advanced Rehab in Summerville. I am not sure what specific type of therapy I would like to do yet, but I am leaning towards either pediatric acute care/in-patient rehab or neurological therapy. I also would like to manage my own clinic one day after I feel like I have a better understanding of all of the administrative work that goes on behind the scenes. I became interested in PT as a profession after I tore my ACL and my meniscus twice in high school and had to go through a lot of therapy. I am passionate about doing anything outdoors (sports, hiking, going to the lake, etc) and I would love to be able to figure out a way to incorporate the outdoors into therapy because I believe it would motivate people more than being in an office environment. I'm excited about taking motor learning because I think it will be relevant to therapy, especially as people learn to re-develop their motor skills after accidents or surgeries.
Outside of my future career goals, I like to spend time with my family and friends. I think it is important to be able to take time out from work or school and connect with the people around you. I really enjoy listening to people and hearing their life stories. I love being able to learn, especially when it is interactive and hands on. I would be outside all the time if I could, I love to visit new places and go out to eat, and I think bright colors makes everything look happier. So, that's me in a nutshell!
No comments:
Post a Comment